Pic(k) of the week 17: Who is looking at who?

On the way up North to the abandoned village in Ras al Khaimah (UAE) we stopped on the side of the road, to shoot some camels in the surrounding dunes. No we did not kill them, but photographed them! ;)
When I looked up while photographing them,  I was surprised how close I was to one of the four-footers... Without me noticing, he had gradually moved closer and was now about 10 cm away from the front element of my lens. Just about to lick it!



Staring straight at the animal, it made me think, " Who is looking at who" here?
The image was shot in harsh light (around 2pm or so), which made it a perfect image for a Black and White conversion.

More camel and desert shots here.

Image details:
Nikon D700, 24-70mm 2.8
ISO 200, 70mm, 1/800
To improve contrast I used Nik Software Color Efex Tonal contrast
Then used Nik Software SilferEfex to convert to Black and White

Happy shooting,
BJORN

Comments

René en Miranda said…
Een bangelijke foto, heel speciaal...
Dichter kon blijkbaar niet!