Pic(k) of the week 20: Aviation portfolio

Since my day-job has kept me very busy last week, this must be the first time in over a year that I haven't touched my camera in about 8 days... shame on me!

Having said this, I did get around updating my Aviation Portfolio page, by re-editing quite a few of my Airventure 2008 images. I'm of big fan of always keeping your original RAW (NEF) files, in order to re-edit them when better software or RAW processing programs become available. For the non-aviation fans, EAA (Experimental Aviation  Association) Airventure is the worlds largest Aviation event held every summer in Oshkosh, Wisconsin (USA). A weeklong happening with more than 3/4 of a million visitors and over 15000 aircraft on display. A Mecca for Aviation! I attended the event for the first time in 2008 and will surely be back in the future!
Amongst the many Warbirds was this very nice Sea Fury called Riff Raff. The aircraft built in 1957, has been racing at the Reno Air Races as nr 99 and belongs to the top 10 of the fastest prop aircraft in the world . 

Image details:
Nikon D200 with 18-200 lens
ISO100, 22mm, f9, 1/200sec
Raw file re-edited with Lightroom 3 Beta
Converted to Black and White with Nik software Silver Efex



I'm looking at another busy week before spending a week in Belgium end of the month... 


If interested you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter.


Happy shooting,
BJORN


Comments