Pic(k) of the week 35: Village with a view

Last Sunday, I spend a few hours in Saint Paul de Vence, a French medieval village, 15km inland from Nice. 
Pic(k) of the week 35: Village with a view
A 45min public bus ride brings one to the bottom of the village which sits at the top of a large rock. The village which dates back to the 9th century, has been a host to famous painters like Matisse and Renoir as well as very well known actors like Yves Montand, Romy Schneider and Simone Signoret. It houses tens of Art galleries and shops which are famous with tourists and the like. Being a weekend in August, it was busy, I mean really busy! There probably were more US citizens in Saint Paul than all other people together...

Nevertheless, I tried bringing some of the French Riviera atmosphere to my images. I hope these three men playing the ballgame petanque on a small square are a great example of what I tried to achieve.

All of my Saint-Paul de Vence images can be found here.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70 28.8 lens
ISO 200, 62mm, f6.3, 1/200s shot with circular polarizer 
Raw developing in Lightroom 3.2
Antique Black and white look with Nik SilferEfex

Take that lens cap off,
BJORN
 



Comments