Pic(k) of the week 19: City of towers

While attending the fifth edition of the Gulf Photo Slidefest last night, it made me think of posting an image I shot last week... 


Before going any further, Slidefest is a photography get together, where Dubai based photographers project a body of work on a large screen and take questions from the audience. One of the image makers was somebody I've been following for a couple of years; Catalin Marin, the guy behind the great photoblog Momentary Awe. We finally managed to meet and agreed to go out and shoot together in the near future! 


Anyway, early 2010 Catalin, made an amazing image called Burj after Burj A shot by dusk of the 2 best known landmarks of Dubai, Burj al Arab and Burj Khalifa. For the few people that don't know, Burj means Tower in Arabic. 


There are not that many places where one has a clear view on both towers together. By pure coincidence I bumped into the place where Catalin took his... at least I think so! 


2011 Pic(k) of the week 19: City of towers
Not wanting to copy each others work, I would to share my own "day" version of the image above. 


Even though I do prefer his version, I wanted to share the story! If you haven't done so, please make sure you check out Catalin's his blog at Momentary Awe!


Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2
ISO 200, 200mm, f5, shutter-speed between 1/5000s & 1/320s
HDR processing with Nik Software HDR Pro


Click that shutter,
BJORN


Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter



Comments

Catalin said…
Really nice one! I had a few day shots from the same location, but nothing worth blogging. Thanks for the link and hope to go shooting soon together!