Pic(k) of the week 20: The Waterman

Beijing is a great place for photography at the worst of times!  The last time I was there, end of April, the weather was miserable; overcast skies with light drizzle and lots of "smog". A good moment to shoot the Beijing Hutongs; narrow alleyways with traditional courtyard residences. Part of the fun wandering through these neighborhoods is getting lost. Believe me, you will get lost! Some kind of a GPS device, like an iPhone is not a bad idea!

Pic(k) of the week 20: The waterman
Just like any city in China, Beijing is full of bicycles and tricycles. The one above belongs to the waterman! Unfortunately the person in question refused to be in the picture.

Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 14-24 2.8
ISO 400, 16mm,  f4.5 , 1/80s
RAW conversion in Lightroom


Next Monday, I'll be leaving on a 3 week trip to Europe; Southern Spain, The French Pyrenees and my home country Belgium... Plenty of opportunities for photography!

Click that shutter,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


  


Comments