Pic(k) of the week 28: City of change

Last Sunday I finally managed to do something I wanted to do for some time; jump on the Dubai Metro and make some black and white cityscapes! It actually was my first time on the metro which was officially opened on 09.09h 9-9-09. The first line (Red line) which partially goes underground and mostly uses elevated viaducts, was built in about 3 years. Quite an achievement!

2011 Pic(k) of the week 28: City of change
The image above was made along Sheik Zayed road, a two times 7 lane highway, full of new skyscrapers where I spend my first 4 years in Dubai. Actually the building on the left (UP Tower) is the one where I initially moved into 9 years ago, while the one just before the skyscraper with the pin on its top (Chelsea hotel), was my home for more than 3 years. 

Even though construction in Dubai has slowed down quite a bit due to the Global Financial crisis, it continues to amaze me how most of the buildings on the image above, were not even there when I moved to the "City of Change" less than a decennia ago!

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikon 24-70 2.8 lens
ISO 200, 70mm, f 5, 1/1000s
RAW processing with LR3
Black and White with Nik SilverEfex 2

The ones following my photography, will have noticed that my recent personal architectural images are more and more Black and Whites! Some of them can be found here.

Don't just take images, make images!

BJORN

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Add me to your circle in Google+

  

Comments