Pic(k) of the week 50: The other building

Looking at other photographers' work, is what really keeps me motivated to shoot even more. It is the perfect way to keep the inspirational juices flowing! Last week one of my favorite fellow Dubai photographers, Catalin of the Momentaryawe blog, posted this shot of the Burj Khalifa; "Sunset hues". It is a different way of shooting the worlds highest tower, just a few kilometers from my home. Being different is what makes people stand out...

Two days before Catalin shot, "Sunset hues", I took some family members "At the top", the Burj Khalifa trip to the observation deck on the 126th floor. After we came down, I shot a few images of the small building to the East of the Burj and some detailed shots of the tower itself. 

It was only after I saw Catalin's blogpost, that I became inspired to convert some of these images into Architectural Black and Whites

2011 Pic(k) of the week 50: The other building
The one that stood out was the photograph above, which I named "the other building"... The patterns, especially after the Black and White conversion, really make this image stand out for me. I even added the image to my "Architectural Portfolio".

Image details:
NIkon D700 with Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2
ISO 200, f 3.5, 200mm, 1/2000s
RAW development in LR3
Contrast + detail adjustment with ColorEfex4
Black & White conversion with SilverEfex2

Don't just take pictures, make pictures,
BJORN

  

  

Comments