Pic(k) of the week 34: Vista over Landmannalaugar

Since I'm back in Dubai, I've been working pretty much non-stop on my Land of Fire and Ice images. I guess it makes sense that the Pic(k) of the week comes from Iceland!

First of all, if you are not aware about my latest Photo adventure, make sure you have a look at my Iceland - Land of Fire and Ice blogpost(s).

The second most interesting place, I visited in Iceland is surely, " Landmannalaugar". Yes, I know, not an easy name... In order not to duplicate information, I'll refer you to my next blogpost which will concentrate on this remote area deep inside the Highlands. The post should be online tomorrow. By the way, my number one place, will be shared in a later post...

2012 esPic(k) of the week 34: Vista over Landmannalaugar

Back to the image above which is a 9 shot panorama, made with the 36million pixel full frame D800. Knowing that a single tiff with this camera takes over 200Mb, the final image approaches 2GB. Yes, that is not a typo!

A one hour hike from the Landmannalaugar base camp, brings you to this magnificent spot!

Because of the wide panorama aspect ratio, the image in this post, looks quite small. Make sure, you click on the image and select original size (O) for best viewing. In order to have a reasonable image loading speed, I did not upload the actual original size of the image. The one you find here is "only 4000px wide. The original image is almost 26.000 px wide!

Image details:
Nikon D800 with the Nikkor 70-200 VR2 
ISO 200, 70mm, f7.1, 1/1000s
RAW development with Lightroom 4
Panorama merging with Photoshop CS6
Contrast adjustment with Nik ColorEfex 4

Back to editing some more images from Iceland, which can be found here.

Remember: “The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only one page.”

BJORN

Follow me on:




Comments