Pic(k) of the week 36: Railroad patterns

Early August I had one of my aviation firsts; " my first hot air balloon ride"! Yes it took 25 years of flying as a pilot before eventually experiencing the wonders of ballooning. There is obviously very little way of changing the course of the balloon, but it sure is a heck of an aerial photography platform. Yes, I had a blast!

2012 Pic(k) of the week 36: Railroad patterns

When shooting aerial photography, I'm foremost interested in registering the "patterns" of the world below! The image above of multiple cargo train tracks, was shot near Ghent, Belgium. 

Image detail:
ISO400, 200mm, f3.5, 200mm, 1/1250s
RAW development in Lightroom 4.1
Contrast adjustment in Nik ColorEfex Pro 2

More of my aerial photography can be found here.

Still on the subject of aerial photography, I was interviewed by the HumanTheme blog with regards to my very popular image of the "Ditched C-46" in the Bahamas".

Remember, 
Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price. - Amelia Earhart

BJORN
Follow me on:

Comments