Pic(k) of the week 8: Desertscape

What is a "Desertscape" ? The dictionary tells me - a pictorial representation of a scenic view of a desert -

A few days ago, I felt the need for some good old fashioned landscape photography... Grabbed my trusty Nikon D800 with the 70-200 and jumped into my 4x4, heading Eastbound. Even though I pretty much live on the edge of the desert in Dubai, I tend to shoot more urban landscapes than desert ones.

2013 Pic(k) of the week 8: Desertscape

The image above was made near Fossil Rock, a small mountain range in the middle of the desert where one can find lots of fossils. Because I was travelling "single car", I was pretty much limited to the paved roads and harder sand tracks. Still, it was a very relaxing afternoon with loads of photography fun!

Image details:
Nikon D800 with the 70-200 2.8 VR2 lens
ISO400, 165mm, 11, 1/400s
RAW development in Lightroom 4.3
ColorEfex for contrast and color adjustment


To see more of my "Desertscapes" click here.

Off now to "The city that never sleeps", (New York), for some good old fashioned "Street Photography".

Remember what Ansel Adams once said; "To the complaint, there are no people in these photographs, I respond, there are always two people; the photographer and the viewer"

BJORN

Follow me on:








Comments