Pic(k) of the week 30: Bird's-eye view on Cap Blanc Nez

My 18 day Summer break in my homeland Belgium is slowly coming to an end... I've been able to do a fair amount of "light aircraft" flying, including a trip to the French city of Le Touquet, along the coastline, West of Paris.

gg

On the return sector, my wife steered the Cessna C172 along the Côte d'Opale and I managed to frame the above image of the rugged coastline at Cap Blanc Nez through the open side window.

These spectacular cliffs of white chalk are very similar to the white cliffs of Dover on the other side of the Channel. Even though it is nearby, it is not the closest point between France and the UK; which is Cap Gris Nez to Dover.

Even though it was only the second time I took my FujiFilm X-E1 on an aerial photography trip, the little camera did not disappoint!

Image details:
FujiFilm X-E1 (Sexy-1) with 17-55 Fujinon lens
ISO400, 54mm (30mm equivalent), f3.6, 1/2200s
RAW file development with Lightroom 5
Nik Color-Efex for contrast and detail enhancement

More of my aerial photography can be found here.

BJORN





Comments