Pic(k) of the week 25: Airbus A380 enjoying the last sunlight

It's been a while since I last shared an image from my day (and night!)-job as an A380 airline captain...

Even though the Airbus A380 is definitively not the most attractive aircraft around, it proofs to be extremely popular with passengers and the pilots flying it. A selection of my A380 photography work over the last few years can be found here.

The image below was shot during my external walk-around inspection, before flying back to Dubai at an undisclosed airport near you!  I was especially attracted to the great quality of the late afternoon light and bracketed three exposures handheld in order to cover my bases. Using the wide-angle it gives the aircraft somewhat of a slimming effect.


Airbus A380 enjoying the last sun of the say

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the XF 10-24mm f4 Fujinon lens
ISO 200, f4, 12mm (18mm full frame equivalent), shutter speed between 1/450s and 1/1800s
RAW file 32 bit conversion in Photoshop CC HDR Pro
Lightroom 5.4 for further development

Pretty happy with the resulting image, which at some stage, might make it into my Aviation Portfolio.

Remember; "The sun always shines above the clouds" 



Comments