Pic(k) of the week 50: NEW YORK SKYLINE during the blue hour

Last weekend, was spend in the one of my favourite cities, New York; a photographers paradise! 

While I believe New York is probably the best city for Street photography, over the years, I've also shot a fair amount of interesting Architectural images around the "Big Apple". Last time I was there, I posted an image of "Manhattan from Top of the Rock" and blogged about the best observation points; click here for the link. 

This time around, I wanted to come up with an interesting viewpoint of the Manhattan skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge Park. Together with half a dozen other photographers from all over the world, we set up our tripods looking for the best spot...

The image below was shot during the magic blue hour, a short while after sunset. It consists of a digital blend of a few different exposures for a nice balanced look; pretty much how I remembered having seen it the moment I clicked the shutter.


click on the image for full screen view



























Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the Fujinon XF 16mm f1.4 prime lens
ISO 200, f11, 3 different shutter speeds between 30s and 0.8s
Lightroom CC to create a 32 bit tone mapped image
Photoshop CC for digital blending of the water


More of my New York images can be found here.

Remember: "There is something in New York that makes sleep useless" - Simone de Beauvoir


BJORN

Comments