Pic(k) of the week 3: Burj Khalifa - under the Palm trees

The worlds highest tower, Burj Khalifa, is now more than likely the most photographed building in Dubai... So, shooting it from a different perspective remains a challenge.

When I took a walk under some palm trees on the North side of the Burj (Arabic for tower), I felt inspired to frame a few images through the trees above me. Although I hadn't seen similar views on the Burj Khalifa before, I was kind of disappointed after a Google search proved others had done plenty of similar shots before!

But why is this? Why do we photographers always want to come up with something new? After all musicians play covers all the time and seem to enjoy it! Maybe we should just take it a bit easier with our creativity and enjoy more the time we go out and shoot?

Anyhow, I still like the idea of combining old and new; the palm trees which were part of the very early years of Dubai and the highest man-made building, together in one frame! It makes for a simple but telling image. And I don't care if it has been shot before! 


Image details:
Fujifilm X-Pro2 with XF14mm 2.8 lens
ISO500, 1/125s, f11, 14mm
In-camera jpeg using Vivid Film Simulation mode

As I'm posting this, I'm in Tokyo Japan. Expect some exciting posts in a very near future...

Remember, "Art is anything you can get away with" - Andy Warhol

Sit tight for some exciting announcements on this blog tomorrow,

Post-publication: the image above was shot with the just released X-Pro2 camera. A two part review on this amazing new camera can be found here.

Till then, happy shooting,

BJORN












Comments