Pic(k) of the week 5: PETRONAS TOWERS - Kuala Lumpur, Malyasia

When I was last in Kuala Lumpur, about 10 years ago, the Petronas Towers were the highest skyscrapers in the world! With its 452 meter (1482ft) they have since 2010 been surpassed by the 829m (2722ft) Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE. 

Earlier this month, I was test shooting the Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera in the capital of Malaysia and shot a few images of this amazing structure well after dark. Some of you might know that I'm a fan of Black and White Architectural work; something that works particularly well with the Petronas Towers! 

The image, which is a SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) jpeg, was shot handheld with the XF 16mm f.4 R WR lens at a ISO of 3200. To me the image is 100% free of any noise, while keeping its sharpness throughout the frame. 


Image details:
Fujifilm X-Pro2 with the XF 16mm f1.2 R WR
ISO 3200, f6.4, 1/25s, f6.4
SOOC, using the new Acros + Red filter Film Simulation

Overall, I'm really impressed with the just released X-Pro2 camera body. 
My first look review can be found in two parts: part 1 and part 2.

Presently in San Francisco, I'm testing another new camera; the mini X-100T, called X-70 featuring a 18mm fixed lens. Expect a "in the field review" next week! 

BJORN


Comments