Pic(k) of the week 40: AXELBORG BUILDING - Fujifilm X-T2 goes Architectural in Copenhagen

Copenhagen; probably one of the most underrated European capitals, when it comes to interesting places to spend a few days at! 

The city is full of modern and historic Architecture and if you can time with some good weather, is a joy to walk or bike around in.

Last Friday, I spend 24hrs in the capital of Denmark, which was just having a few days of great early autumn weather; partially sunny with temperatures around 18C.

As part of my research for the trip to Copenhagen, I made my usual visit to sites like 500px and Flickr to see what some other photographers find interesting in this Scandinavian city. 

A lot of these were very much tourist subjects like the Nyhafen, but a few things did stood out! One being a 17th century tower called  "Rundetaarn", while the second one was the Axelborg building, which has some very interesting spiral steps. The building dates back to the 1920's and still has an amazing old style open elevator.

I must have spend close to an hour in this amazing piece of Art Deco architecture; framing all kind of perspectives and angles. It was the tilt screen on my Fujifilm X-T2, that saved the day when I wanted to frame an image of the entire stairwell with my XF10-24 wide angle lens. 


Although I also made several images facing up, I do prefer the image looking down as it gives more of an Art Deco feel.

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF 10-24 lens
ISO 3200, 1/30s, f9.0, 10mm (15mm full frame equivalent)
RAW development in Lightroom CC, using the Classic Chrome camera profile
Nik ColorEfex pro 4 for optimal contrast

While I would like for Fujifilm to come up with a quality Tilt-Shift lens, I meanwhile do love my XF 10-24 for my Architectural work that needs the extra wide-angle!

More images of the great Nordic city of Copenhagen, can be found here.


Remember: "You can't climb to the top, if you don't start at the bottom". 

BJORN








Comments