Pic(k) of the week 50: Dubai canal footbridge minimalism

Sometimes one goes out on a photoshoot with a preconceived idea... such was the case when I left for the recently opened Dubai Canal last week! I had envisioned a blue hour image of one of the footbridges with the Dubai skyline in the background. Unfortunately a barge was parked below the bridge, ruining the original planned shot.

Time to revert back to Architectural minimalism! For me the image below worked well for two reasons; 
  1. Shapes, the fact that one can see several interesting triangles. 
  2. Colour, the use of the complementary colours blue and yellow 
Originally I had planned to convert the image to Black and White, but I find the colour version much more pleasing. 





Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF10-24mm f4 lens
  • ISO 200, f6.4, 1/250s, 10mm (15mm full frame equivalent)
  • RAW conversion in Lightroom CC
  • Photoshop CC to remove a few imperfections in the paint of the bridge
  • Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 with the Graduated, Brilliance and Pro Contrast filter

I've added the shot to my Architectural Portfolio, which means I believe the image is one of my stronger ones. I'm a believer in keeping your portfolio(s) small and have therefore no problem removing one of the older images. To check out the latest of my Architectural portfolio click here. 

Remember: "We build too many walls and not enough bridges" - Isaac Newton


BJORN


Comments