Pic(k) of the week 30: AIR TO AIR WITH A 1941 PIPER CUB

Some of you might know that I have a bit of a weak spot for oldtimer aircraft. Although I'm flying the Airbus A380, one of the worlds most modern airliners, for a living; it is when I fly my vintage 1954 Piper Super Cub that my love for aviation is the strongest. Combining photography with my passion for flight is always high on the priority list; be it shooting Airshows, Aerials or Air to Air photography; all are close to my heart!

The last one, photographing aircraft from another aircraft (air to air), is probably the most exciting one. When shooting propellor aircraft like this 1941 Piper Cub  below, is challenging because of the low shutter speed that needs to be used in order not to freeze the propellor.



Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T20 with XF 18-135 lens
  • ISO 250, f13, 1/200s, 66mm (100mm full frame equivalent)
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC
  • Nik ColorEfex Pro 4 for optimal contrast and colour
The beautifully restored 1941 Piper Cub pictured above, is actually up for sale in Belgium. If you are interested in owning a very well restored World War II era vintage aircraft, please click here or send me a PM in order to bring you in contact with the owner.

Remember: "Birds born in cages, think flying is a disease" - Alejandro Jodorowsky


BJORN







Comments